Wednesday, 29 October 2014
Last Updated: Friday, 02 December 2016 14:41
What services does Careggi offer?
AOU Careggi offers services provided by the Regional Health Service, according to LEA (Essential Levels of Care of the Regional Health Service) and outside LEA, with a high level of specialization not widely present in the territory: visits or consultations, laboratory exams and instrumental diagnostics, surgical services and outpatient instrumental surgery. The services are divided in :
- first-level services: are visits or exams useful for an initial diagnostic orientation; are required by the General Practitioner or by the specialist
- second-level services: are visits or exams for additional investigations or of high complexity that require a high level of specialization; are required by the specialist physicians
Means of Access
- On booking: with the request of the General Practitioner or of the specialist on a regional prescription form or by means of an e-prescription (services under LEA) or on a white prescription sheet (only for the services outside LEA)
- Direct access: without the regional prescription, limited to these service queste prestazioni
- In emergency: with the request of the General Practitioner that contacts directly the service for arrangements
- In pregnancy: with the request on the appropriate prescription form of the Protocol for the physiological pregnancy, released by the ASL clinics
What should you do?
Other visits and exams
Generally the first-level services can be booked by telephone at CUP Metropolitan Booking Point: 840 003 003 from desk phone (at the cost of one call unit) - 199 175 955 from mobile phone (charges vary according to the type of mobile phone plan)
See the list of visits and exams bookable at CUP Metropolitan Booking Point Visite ed esami prenotabili a CUP Metropolitano
Generally the second-level services are booked directly from the facilities providing the services; See the outpatients facilities (Ambulatori ) or for information contact the Public Relations Office
The main Booking Points at Careggi, for the referred specialization, are:
Building 4 Eye Clinic, Viale San Luca
- Counter: from Monday to Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
- Tel. 055 794 7000 from Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Building 7 Gynecology and Maternity Clinic, Viale della Maternità
- Counter: from Monday to Thursday 8:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tel. 055 794 7605 from Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. -12:30 a.m.
Building 25 Trauma Center-CTO Largo Palagi, 1
- Control visit Booking for patients already inserted in clinical pathways at the Building 25 - Trauma Center (CTO):
- counter: from Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tel. 055 794 8227 from Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Building 16 San Luca C - Via del Rio Freddo
- Gastroenterology, respiratory pathophysiology
- Counter: from Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
- For gastroenterology visit
- Tel. 055 794 6437 - 794 6418 from Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- For respiratory pathophysiology visit
- Tel. 055 794 6333 from Monday to Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Building 1 Centro Servizi - Nuovo Ingresso Careggi
- First visit booking CUP Metropolitan Booking Point
- Counter: from Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., saturday 7:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
How to reschedule or cancel an appointment
Read all (Leggi tutto )
How much does it cost?
The citizen assisted by the National Health System is required to pay pagare the fee for outpatient services (ticket) and the contribution for the digital representation of the medical diagnostic imaging (except persons exempted from payment under current law) as well as a prescription fee according to income brackets as defined at a regional level.
For services outside LEA, the citizens are required to pay the entire amount. The same applies to persons not assisted by the National Health Systems (SSN).
The patient who does not collect the medical report of an outpatient service (eg. laboratory tests, radiologic examinations, etc.) within 30 days after the recording is ready, is still obligated to pay the entire amount of the service, even if exempted.
The prescription for outpatient healthcare services does not have any expiration date.
The prescription may contain only requests for healthcare services of the same specialist branch.
For each different branch an adequate prescription is requested.
The prescription may contain up to a maximum of eight healthcare services, with the possible exception of scheduled repeated services which may be prescribed up to a maximum of three cycles per prescription.
The prescription may contain only once the same healthcare service which may be repeated, if expressly requested by the physician on the same prescription, up to a maximum of eight times or up to a maximum of three months after the first access (repeatable prescriptions).
An eventual exemption from the payment of the ticket for the healthcare services must be reported on the prescription by the physician. We invite the citizen to point out to the prescriber any eventual exemption for relevant pathologies, exhibiting the related certificate.
Read all (Leggi tutto)